Bike Lane on Dearborn

cmc cmc

Bike Lane on Dearborn

Looks like this morning they started on the bike lane on Dearborn.  Dearborn is down to two lanes.
blarger blarger

Re: Bike Lane on Dearborn

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
brianbobcat brianbobcat

Re: Bike Lane on Dearborn

I walked this whole stretch from Madison to Harrison, and the thing that worries me is pavement conditions.  It wasn't raining, but there were numerous sections where a giant puddle consumed at least the southbound lane.  At a couple points, it took up both lanes.  The section next to the Dirksen Federal Building was especially bad.  I would've liked to see them repave at least the two bike lane pavement and hopefully fix the drainage issues.  No biker wants to zip though 2" of standing water.  The funniest thing was although the construction barricades and horses were still in the lanes, I had three bikes pass me zipping around the barricades.  Hopefully there'll be hundreds more bikes on that section once it opens.
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: Bike Lane on Dearborn

Dedication ceremony today (Dec. 14) at 1 pm at Printers Row Park, 700 S. Dearborn.
Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: Bike Lane on Dearborn

I only saw the one at Congress, but those special bike left turn signals are going to be massive trouble. It had been turned on by last night and every single car in line ignored it and blasted right through.
Geoff Geoff

Re: Bike Lane on Dearborn

In a completely predictable turn of events, I've noticed that cabs have already started using the new bike lanes to pull over in.

@Geoff - and yesterday afternoon there was an entire line of cars parked in the lane with their blinkers going just North of Harrison. Oh - I stopped and counted yesterday, turning left onto Congress from Harrison, 95% of the cars I observed either made an illegal left turn when the green bike sign was on or they were honked at by the car behind them. I'm thinking great spot for a traffic cam!